Introduction to Usability: An Interactive Discussion
Tuesday February 10, 2009, 6-8:30PM (Food and networking at 6, Program at 7)
Quicken Loans in Livonia, MI
If you are interested in learning the basics and benefits of user centered design and how to introduce it into your organization, then Introduction to User Centered Design is your chance! Mike Beasley, User Experiologist at Pure Visibility and the president of the Michigan UPA, and Dave Mitropoulos-Rundus, Owner and Principal of UsableWorld, will lead a discussion that gives you the opportunity to pose your questions to a couple of user experience experts. You can learn about such things as:
- What IS Usability? Can you touch it? Can you measure it?
- How can you incorporate it into your organization?
- “Usability,” “User Experience,” “Human Factors,” “Information Architecture?” What’s the deal with all these names?
- What can my website analytics tell me about the usability of my site?
- How you can use user tasks and goals to organize your website.
After an introduction to the basics of usability, they will open the floor to questions. You will set the agenda for this discussion through the questions you bring, so come prepared!
20255 Victor Parkway
Livonia, MI 48152