Campbell-Ewald, Warren, MI
Creates branded, interactive user experiences such as websites and applications for Campbell-Ewald clients. The Experience Planner helps define and lead the strategic and creative vision; owns the information architecture, navigation, interaction and user experience; researches and defines user needs, business goals and requirements; and coordinates with the art director, technical lead and account manger to inform visual design and facilitate build.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of the Experience Planner component of all assigned projects.
- Understands brands, and how to bring them to life online.
- Serves as primary point of contact with internal team members and the client for all Experience Planner issues.
- Delivers work on time and on budget.
- Communicates concerns, problems and ideas proactively to internal team members.
- Is articulate, clear and confident in presenting his/her work to internal team members and clients.
- Provides expert usability and interaction design recommendations to the project team.
- Produces deliverables at a level of fidelity and detail appropriate for clients and internal team members.
- Plans, conducts and analyzes primary and secondary research (heuristic evaluations, competitive analyses, one-on-one interviews, online surveys, stakeholder interviews, etc.).
- Plans and conducts internal team and client work sessions (brainstorms, requirements workshops, etc.).
- Defines, prioritizes and drives consensus on project requirements, including all features, functions and content.
- Develops process models, user personas and scenarios.
- Creates information architecture deliverables, including site maps, wireframes, interaction models and page specifications that describe navigation, content, and functionality.
- Assists technical lead with functional specifications.
- Leads usability testing planning, facilitation and analysis.
- 3+ years experience creating user-centered digital solutions.
- Experience as primary Experience Planner or Information Architect on medium and large accounts.
- Excellent visual, written and oral communications and presentations skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and management skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability.
- Experience working in an agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate degree in Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, Design, Anthropology, or related field preferred
If you feel you meet the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume to: or call for more info: 248-458-1501.