Compuware Corporation, Detroit, Michigan
Join the people that build software for business applications. Compuware’s Product Development Centers allow you to be an integral part of developing award-winning software. Software Developers participate in the analysis design and implementation phase of the product life cycle for developing new software and enhancements of new products and/or features that have been identified by Product Management, prototyped by Product Planning, and assigned by Project Management. The Software Developer develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. Developers work with technical staff and customers to understand software problems and to resolve them. We are looking for candidates with work experience and expertise in:
The Usability Engineer provides user interface design support to product development team(s). (S)he establishes usability requirements, builds prototypes, describes interactions, and negotiates feasible designs with developers. A Usability Engineer leverages corporate user interface standards and graphics in product user interfaces.
(S)he evaluates product and prototype usability at established milestones in development.
- Establish usability requirements for a product.
- Define and prototype user interface requirements.
- Conduct usability evaluation of prototypes, current products, and products in development, identifying areas for improvement.
- Create style guides, templates and graphics.
- Create design solutions based on the results of usability evaluations.
- Negotiate user interface designs with development team.
- Write and own user interface specifications part of Release Requirements Document, leveraging corporate user interface standards and graphics.
- Create product user interfaces leveraging corporate user interface standards and graphics.
- Conduct standard usability testing at development milestones.
- Teach usability design methods and processes for GUI and Web design.
- Extensive experience with Windows and Web user interface design.
- Experience in usability evaluation methodologies, including usability testing.
- Ability to design standard and custom MS Windows user interfaces.
- Experience in working with a development team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with prototyping and drawing tools such as Director, Visual Basic, Photoshop, and Visio.