Market Strategies International, Livonia, MI, USA. Full-time, permanent position.
Market Strategies is seeking a Research Director for the Usability Research & Consulting Group. We have 1 opening to be filled, preferably in either Livonia, MI or Portland, OR, although other locations are available. The Research Director is responsible for developing relationships with current clients and prospects to generate new business, grow existing accounts, design and deliver custom research studies and ensure that all deliverables given to clients meet or exceed expectations.
- Develop business relationships with new and existing clients.
- Prepare proposals for projects involving high-level research design.
- Serve as the primary client contact for all project-related issues and oversee project teams.
- Design research approaches to achieve complex research objectives, applying creativity and innovative thinking as appropriate.
- Explore and evaluate emerging methodologies for usability research.
- Manage project budgets to ensure that they meet profitability revenue goals.
- Moderate research sessions, conduct analysis and write highly useful and usable reports.
Presents research findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors-related discipline (cognitive psychology, industrial design/engineering, human-computer interaction, information science, etc.), or combination of education and relevant experience in the field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales and marketing of usability services or website consulting services, including direct client relationship and account management.
- Minimum 4 years of designing, conducting and managing customer experience evaluation of website, software or hardware projects including recruiting, questionnaire design, moderating usability test sessions, analysis and reporting of results.
- Ability to travel to client locations up to 40% of the time, if necessary.
Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced degree in human factors-related discipline (cognitive psychology, industrial design/engineering, human-computer interaction, information science, etc.).
- Experience conducting research within one or more of our core industry groups: Communications, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare and Technology.
- Experience in selling and/or conducting website analytics reporting services using WebTrends, Omniture, Google Analytics, or similar.
- Familiarity with quantitative market research services: Brand studies, customer satisfaction modeling, discrete choice/conjoint, market segmentation, or messaging and communications.
How to apply
Interested parties should direct inquiries to Sarah Naasko, Usability Research & Consulting Group Lead, , 734-837-5446.