Senior User Experience Specialist, Ann Arbor, MI
ProQuest, Ann Arbor, MI
ProQuest is the acknowledged leader in bringing web-based research tools to libraries and educators around the world. We are looking for a Senior User Experience Specialist to design and manage interfaces to help people use Internet-based research applications easily and effectively. This position entails performing user research and analysis, creating interface designs, rendering HTML prototypes, performing usability testing, and writing functional specification documents. As a member of a product development team, you will work closely with internal publishing staff to satisfy their product and business objectives, and with the software development staffs to convey requirements, understand and work within technical constraints, and optimize the efficiency of design implementations.
As a Senior User Experience Specialist, you will also have lead
ership and mentoring responsibilities.
Essential job functions:
- Research and analysis
- Work with internal publishing, marketing and sales staff to develop an understanding of product concepts and business objectives.
- Perform contextual user research and customer interviews.
- Monitor customer and user feedback as well as market and technology and competitive trends to continually identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze user, customer, and business needs to define product requirements.
- Interface Design
- Create interface design concepts of product applications, features and enhancements.
- Develop design renderings/wireframes defining the user interface form, function, navigation, interaction, and basic screen design.
- Develop design comps and graphic elements in various Web formats (e.g., JPEG, GIF, PNG).
- Create HTML prototypes which approximate a functional product interface for the purposes of evaluation, customer review and usability testing.
- Perform usability analysis and design to ensure ease-of-use for target user populations and accessibility per ADA Section 508 requirements and W3C WAI guidelines.
- Design usability tests, draft test scripts, and work with independent test facilitator to arrange for and perform usability testing with target user groups.
- Requirements specification
- Consult with software and content developers to understand and accommodate technical constraints.
- Write detailed functional requirements documentation to convey design elements and interactions to the product development team.
- Consult with project team including marketing, technical writing, and customer support staffs throughout development and rollout to ensure designs are understood, implemented and communicated appropriately.
- Leadership & mentoring
- Work with colleagues in other functional groups to ensure product development projects and sustaining activities have appropriately allocated support from the interface design group.
- Work with User Experience Design manager to assign projects to team members.
- Monitor status of design projects to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Mentor team members as necessary to improve performance and continuously increase design capabilities
For more information and to apply online, please visit the job posting at: http://www.cytiva.com/pquest/detail.asp?pquest433