2009 Officer Elections
The summer is upon us, and that means chapter elections for the Michigan Usability Professionals’ Association! The 2008-2009 term was a great year for our chapter, with meetings across the state, and exciting events like World Usability Day and Internet User Experience 2009.
With the 2009-2010 term year upon us, the MIUPA needs your help! You now have the opportunity to get involved in shaping the direction of our chapter, to help organize interesting meetings, and to network with other professionals. We are looking for both people for formal officer positions and for volunteers. If you have any questions about the duties involved or what it is like to work with the MIUPA, please feel free to contact the current president, Mike Beasley, at [email protected].
MIUPA board members have the largest impact on the chapter’s growth in the next year. There are currently five officer positions that will determine the direction of MIUPA. You can make a difference!
To run for a position on the MIUPA board:
- Ensure you are an active member of the Usability Professionals’ Association in good standing (renew or join at www.usabilityprofessionals.org)
- Submit a brief bio and statement of intent (include who you are, your background, and how you will grow MIUPA) to [email protected] by Friday, May 29.
Member volunteers are critical to run MIUPA events and activities smoothly. When you volunteer, MIUPA works with you to leverage your expertise, or to help you build new skills!
To volunteer your talents with MIUPA:
- Send an email to [email protected] stating your desire to volunteer along with any expertise or specific duties that you would prefer to handle.
- You will be contacted directly by a UPA officer to work out your role.
- Entries for board positions must be received by Friday, May 29, 2009.
- UPA members in good standing are allowed to vote.
- Officers are determined by number of votes.
- Specific officer and volunteer positions are worked out by those elected.
- Have fun!
Expand your role as a UPA member by becoming an officer or volunteer with this award-winning chapter! With your help, MIUPA can continue to provide training, networking and job awareness to our members and other participants, and to raise the bar for UPA chapters.